Returning for the second year, A Wonderful Weekend is a two-day event featuring workshops, staged readings, a stand-up comedy night and sale of handcrafted creations with an emphasis on resourcing and repurposing the old and seemingly mundane into spectacular gift ideas. And for those who love a good bargain, there are also pre-loved pieces available that are hard to resist.
And best of all, it’s for a good cause. Proceeds from A Wonderful Weekend will help raise funds for TheatreWorks developmental and community engagement programmes. TheatreWorks (S) Ltd is a registered charity and one of the oldest and most established interdisciplinary arts companies in Singapore. For more information about TheatreWorks visit theatreworks.org.sg
Come join us @ 72-13, Home of TheatreWorks.
Tickets to workshops and stand-up comedy are by donation of minimum S$30.
All donations enjoy a 250% tax deduction.
30 Nov 2019, Sat
- 10.30am – 7.30pm: Artisan Pop-ups
- 11am – 1pm: Healthy Eating with Caroline Lim – a cooking workshop
- 2pm – 4pm: Turning the Everyday into Exciting Fiction, a writing workshop with Akshita Nanda, journalist and author of Nimita’s Place
- 4pm – 6pm: First Read with Malavika by Hemang Yadav. A staged reading of a new script
- 7.30pm – 9pm: Fresh+Raw: Stand-up comedy hosted by Sharul Channa, featuring established and new comedians
1 Dec 2019, Sun
- 10.30am – 6pm: Artisan Pop-ups
- 10.30am – 12.30pm: Movement Flow: Permission to Dance by Sharda Harrison
- 11am – 1pm: First Read with Final Call by Timothy Yam. A staged reading of a new script
- 2pm – 4pm: Tinkering and Puppet making with Playeum
- 4pm – 6pm: First Read with Potholes by Wong Yunjie. A staged reading of a new script
How To Get There:
With support from